Thursday, August 30, 2018

On my honor...

As an American traveling overseas, several people have asked me about the state of our union. "Is it really as bad as what we see on BBC?" "Are people really mad about the way the country is going?" "We heard rhetoric like that in Yugoslavia too." I'm proud to be the unofficial American ambassador to the world.  I'm showing them that we're not all crazy.
The country is in the throes of the midterm elections, and I'm excited to perform my civic duties. I submitted my application for my absentee ballot, and I'll be voting by email this fall. I didn't even know email was an option until a few weeks ago.



I hope that everyone who reads this is registered to vote and that you are actively engaged in your local community. You can also support issues that are important to you by contributing to causes and candidates across the country.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post!!! Yes, I am registered to VOTE!!! So happy about some of the Primary results!!! Glad that you are making an impact and enjoying your travels!!!