Saturday, April 5, 2008

Halfway

It’s been 3 weeks since I arrived in India. Time has certainly flown by. The part of the experience I dislike so far has been all the time I spent inside my hotel room at The Park. There are no shops or restaurants nearby, only businesses and the police training facility. I am moving to Fortune Hotel (http://fortunehotels.in/) this weekend. It is a new 3-star hotel and The Park is 5-star. Who determines these categories? What exactly is the criterion? I liked what I saw at Fortune even if it is not 5-star. It is clean and modern, and there’s a bathtub too. The Park only has a shower probably because traditionally Indians prefer to clean themselves with running water as opposed to sitting in still water. The hotel is next to the 2 malls I visited previously and one of the malls has a grocery store that I can visit for food and other items. I now have the option to eat at the hotel or eat out in one of the nearby restaurants. A flea market is in walking distance. The hotel is also near Sarika and other people I know, so I won’t be in the middle of nowhere with no one close to me.

No comments: