Sunday, September 13, 2026

Oh, the places we'll go!

I've enjoyed traveling for the past 2 decades, and I'm excited about sharing my love for travel with my son.  We recently visited the Carolinas and added 2 more states that were new to both of us.  I didn't look at a map beforehand, so I was thoroughly confused when I saw "Welcome to South Carolina" on my way to my friend's house in Charlotte.  I didn't expect to be in South Carolina when I planned the trip to Charlotte.

It was our first flight since he's been in active toddler mode, and it was something. Thankfully, on the return flight, we sat in the last row near the bathroom and there was an empty middle seat for him to move about.  He mostly wanted to sit in my lap though.  Also, the flight attendants and other passengers were understanding.  They gave us extra snacks and played silly games with him.  He still has a few months to fly for free before his second birthday, so I hope we can squeeze in an international trip.   

These are the states that we've visited together with more to come:

  • New York 
  • Oregon 
  • Washington
  • Louisiana
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina 

I created a travel wish list for places that I want to take him.  I'll continue to update our list, and as he grows, he'll give his input on places he'd like to go too.  Here's my list so far:

  • LA28 Olympics/Paralympics
  • Obama Presidential Center in Chicago
  • National Museum of African American History in DC
  • Africa (possibly a safari this time)
  • Northern/Southern Lights 
  • FAMU Homecoming in Tallahassee  

 


No comments: