Sunday, December 23, 2018

...where there's love overflowing

I have run the race set before me. My current journey is coming to an end. I have seen places and met people throughout this journey that helped me create memories that will last a lifetime. I have experienced things that I never thought I would. I have done things that scared me, and did them afraid. I have expanded my mind and my heart. I helped people who were suffering. I found ways to communicate without words. I formed new relationships with people who really aren't so different from me. I trusted people in a way that I never have before. I let go.

The long journey home has just began. I am currently on a flight from Cairo and I will arrive in Houston in 2 and a half days. When looking at flights home, I had an option with a much shorter duration, but I found that I could see more cities in between for just a little more money. I'm flying from Cairo to Athens, and then I have 29 hours in Amsterdam. I'm leaving the airport to check out the city of course. After Amsterdam, I'm flying to Manchester, England where I have a 12 hour layover before finally flying to Houston. My return is a surprise to everyone at home. I'm both excited and scared right now, which is exactly how I felt before leaving home in July. I'm excited about going home and being with the people I love most and where things are convenient and familiar. I'm scared because I am a different person now, and I won't be going back to life as I knew it before. I have changed and the way that I do things in the future will change. The scariest part is I don't know exactly how those changes will play out. I'm still processing what happens next. All I know is I'm walking into a new life, because I let go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So g from the Wiz...perfect express ion 😎