Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Countdown...

Today, I celebrated Easter with the Iwus and their family. They answered some of my questions about Nigeria and told me that it is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm presuming that's a good thing. I also tried a traditional dish called moy moy (sp), which is made of beans. I have never liked beans or peas since childhood, but I really enjoyed the moy moy. I'm sure I'll have no problems with food in Lagos, because I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to food.

Tomorrow, I start taking the malaria pills. The recommendation is to take them 2 days before arrival, everyday while there, and 7 days after returning.

I will leave home on Wednesday with a long layover in Cairo on Thursday, and arrive in Nigeria on Friday. I've decided that I will get my Egyptian visa at the airport so that I can leave for a few hours to see the Egyptian Museum and have dinner before returning for my connection to Lagos. I'm not planning to take my laptop, which will be hard for an internet junkie like me, but I will definitely write about my experience while I'm there. If I have access to the internet, then you'll see me post updates real time. Otherwise, I'll post when I return.

Bon voyage (to me)!

No comments: